A great smile requires you to have perfect white teeth. If your teeth are stained and you’re thinking of trying a whitening procedure,laser teeth whitening is an option that works fast and can achieve fantastic results. The procedure isn’t painful and works even for people with sensitive teeth. Continue reading to learn more about laser teeth whitening and what it involves.
About the Laser Teeth Whitening Procedure
The process of using a laser to whiten teeth has a few steps to ensure that your teeth are left as white as possible. When you arrive atyour local dental clinic, the first step is usually to clean your teeth and remove any plaque. This is to ensure that your teeth are clean, making the process faster. Once the teeth are clean, the dentist applies a gel made from peroxide to your teeth. This gelis left to set in for several minutes. While the gel is on, the dentist will direct a laser beam to your teeth. The beam is used to activate the whitening procedure and enhance the power of the peroxide gel.
The procedure takes around an hour, with results achieved instantly. This procedure is known to whiten your teeth very fast from 7 to 10 shades.
The Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening
- Instant results – If you want to get immediate teeth whitening results, the laser teeth whiteningprocedure is superior. The procedure takes around an hour for the process to be over. It’s fast and you can achieve results instantly.
- A non-invasive procedure – This means that the procedure is quick and causes no pain or bleeding. When you’re undergoing the procedure, you don’t need to be under anaesthesia since it’s not painful. The process is done fast and you won’t even notice when it’s over.
- Teeth aren’t damaged – People can be scared of trying something new on their teeth since they fear it may cause damage. The laser whitening procedure is very safe, and the gel used has been proven safe to be used. This means that you don’t have to worry about your safety or causing damage to your teeth.
- Sore gums – After the procedure, you might experience sore gums. This is caused by the gel, but fortunately the sensation doesn’t last long and the soreness will subside after a brief period of time.
- Expensive– Laser teeth whitening can be costly, and for this reason some people can’t afford it. If you want a laser whitening procedure, you should include it in your budget and set some money aside. If your budget doesn’t allow you to have this procedure, you can opt to whiten your teeth through other ways.
Laser Teeth Whitening Aftercare
After the procedure is done and you go home, there are certain aftercare procedures you need to follow. This is to ensure that your teeth remain white and don’t become stained. For instance, you might be given peroxide gel to apply on your teeth for thirty minutes in the next seven days. This is to ensure that the whiteness of your teeth is maintained.