What Have You Heard About Cbd Oil?
Probably lots of hearsay and make-believe stories—some true, others somewhat true, while many are simply false stories—made up by marijuana haters—circulating the chatty internet. We know that cannabidiol is a widely held natural medication used to combat many day-to-day ailments.
Cannibidiol or CBD is an extract of the cannabis or marijuana plant. It is just one of the a-hundred chemical compounds (cannabinoids) found in Cannabis sativa.
So does is it get one high? No! It doesn’t. The cannabis plant has Tetrahydrocannabinol THC and CBD. THC is what smokers go for in Marijuana. It gives you the “high” feeling—CBD does not!
No wonder cannabidiol is an excellent pain-reliever and solution to many illnesses. Furthermore, it offers solutions without interfering with the normal functioning of the brain—as THC and other pharmacological prescriptions would.
So what are the pros of CBD? And does it cause any side effects to its users?
Cbd: Health Benefits
- Painkiller. Cannabidiol, more so when used along with THC, can be an effective painkiller in controlling pain linked to conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Can control depression and Anxiety. WHO ranks depression as the top cause of disability all over the globe, while anxiety is number six. Cannabidiol has been used as medication for insomnia and anxiety in kids with PTSD. This is because it can send signals to brain’s receptors that determine mood.
- A possible remedy for Cancer Symptoms. Cannabidiol can control symptoms tied to cancer and cancer therapies, e.g., nausea, pain and vomiting. Some studies suggest it may even be able to fight cancers, but further research should be conducted.
- Fights Acne. Cannabidiol can fight acne because of two reasons. (1)It has anti-inflammatory traits and (2) It can control the secretion of sebum.
- Can protect the brain. Although studies are inconclusive on cannabidiol’s ability to protect the brain, CBD has the potential to reduce symptoms tied to Parkinson’s disease and epileptic conditions. Other research has shown it can slow down the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Can preserve cardiac health. Cannabidiol can moderate the pressure of blood and help reduce damage to the heart. Controlling anxiety and stress helps in reducing blood pressure. Furthermore, it can prevent inflammation and death of cells tied to cardiac diseases because it is a strong antioxidant.
Cbd Side Effects
While CBD is a natural and safe remedy to all the above and more, a few users have reported effects such as;
- Changes in appetite
Some users have also reported changes in weight.
The health benefits of CBD outweighs its side effects. Besides, only a few users report such adverse effects. A doctor’s advice matters when looking try CBD. Make sure you involve your health expert in your decision.
Author Bio: Blair Thomas has been a music producer, bouncer, screenwriter and for over a decade has been the proud Co-Founder of eMerchantBroker, the highest rated CBD merchant account processor in the country. He has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a hurricane, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. He currently calls Thailand his home with a lifetime collection of his favorite books.