Shaving can be a nuisance, so it is no wonder why so many people try to find ways to eliminate the task altogether. Some people make wax appointments or use hair removal creams. Increasingly, they are looking to laser hair removal treatments to get the results they want.
Cons of Laser Hair Removal
As with any health procedure, there are potential pros and cons.
The biggest con many laser hair removal patients have noted is the amount of time it takes to see the desired results. It takes between three and eight sessions to be completed and it can be pretty pricey. Not to mention, you will need to wait up to eight weeks in between sessions.
On top of that, the procedure won’t totally get rid of the hair forever. It will, however, reduce your hair growth, so (eventually) you won’t have to shave at all.
Additionally, individuals with a darker skin tone may not be able to achieve the desired results at all. The best results are seen in patients with fair skin and dark hair.
Benefits of Having Laser Hair Removal
That’s not to say there aren’t some amazing benefits to laser hair removal as well. If you’re considering the procedure, you can look forward to these perks…
- You’ll save money in the long-run. Laser hair removal is undoubtedly expensive (costing between $200 and $400 per session). However, over time, you will be saving money on whatever hair removal items you are using now (waxes, razors, creams, etc).
- It isn’t necessary for you to grow your hair out for treatment. Unlike waxing and other forms of hair removal, you don’t have to wait for the hair to be a certain length before getting laser hair removal. This is a perk for many people who feel self-conscious about their hair.
- You will also not experience any ingrown hairs or burn. Once you have laser hair removal, these issues are a problem of the past!
- It is relatively painless. The pain level for laser hair removal begins around the level of waxing (ouch), but after a few treatments, the pain decreases and is completely pain-free by the last session. This is because your hair becomes finer with every treatment.
- For people with intense hair growth, it can help limit the growth of your hair. This is a huge benefit for people who have to shave daily. Although it may not eliminate the hair completely, it will reduce your hair’s growth significantly and make it more manageable.
Is Laser Hair Removal Right For You?
Deciding whether or not laser hair removal is right for you or not heavily depends on your needs and desires. If shaving and your current hair removal processes are cumbersome, you may want to consider consulting a professional about hair removal treatments.
It is also a good idea to know what to look for in a reputable treatment center. “Laser centers” can be iffy. Be sure the individual performing your procedure is licensed and has plenty of experience before you make an appointment. Not doing your homework on the facility could lead you to painful burns and even scarring.
When you go about trying to find a place to have your laser hair removal done, use search words like “Colorado Springs laser hair removal” to find services near you. Remember, as with any medical procedure, you need to think about all of the available options and potential pros and cons of it. Always talk with a healthcare professional before moving forward.